CAHOKIA, Ill. – Fire crews spent more than an hour fighting a fire that broke out in a house in Cahokia early Friday morning.
The fire was reported at an unoccupied house in the 11100 block of Water Street just befor 6:00 a.m. Fox 2 Nissan Rouge Runner was at the scene where heavy smoke was visible and the roof was gone.
The fire was brought under control at around 6:40 a.m., with firefighters remaining on the scene throughout the morning putting put hot spots.
There were no reports of injuries.
Authorities are investigating what sparked the fire.
- NFL player Isaiah Crowell gives back to his hometown
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides
- Utah monolith already attracting crowds – locals worried about people’s safety and damage to the land
- Newsfeed Now: Black Friday deals and more
- Newsfeed Now: Thanksgiving 2020