Firefighters warn homeowners to use caution when spreading mulch

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(KTVI)– It’s finally time to get out in the yard and take advantage of warmer weather.

The Monarch Fire Protection District in Chesterfield is warning homeowners about mulch.

The district responded to two fires this week after mulch was spread over landscaping lights that caught fire.

Most yard lights are low-voltage but can still produce enough heat to ignite mulch.

Homeowners should leave clear space around the mulch to avoid creating a fire hazard.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Popular

Latest News

More News