JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Governor Mike Parson honored a Missouri Teacher for his creative ways of virtually teaching during the pandemic.
In a Facebook post, Parson recognized 2021 Missouri Teacher of the Year Darrion Cockrell, known as “Mr. DC.”
Cockrell is a physical education teacher at Lindbergh Schools’ Crestwood Elementary School and was “selected by a committee of his peers and education partners across the state.”
Parson says Cockrell created fun, instructional, and high-energy videos from his basement to help students stay motivated and active during remote learning.
Cockrell also provided five to thirty-minute exercise sessions for his students where he shared inspiring messages and provided opportunities for families to work out together.
- Mercy offering virtual care for COVID patients to free up hospital beds
- Garth Brooks showed Nicea Degering what its like to be on stage with him
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- Missouri Botanical Garden’s Garden Glow needs your vote