SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – Over the last 30 days, the Illinois Conservation Police have arrested eight people for various hunting-related violations.
On the first day of the firearm deer hunting season (Nov. 18), ICP authorities discovered several violations, such as illegal baiting, illegal use of landowner tags by non-local hunters, not using proper permits or tags, and providing permits to out-of-state hunters.
The following individuals were issued citations, warnings, or a court summons:
- Seth Speiser, 58 (Freeburg, Illinois)
- Mitchell Speiser, 25 (Freeburg, Illinois)
- Danny Cox, 63 (Freeburg, Illinois)
- Kyle Cox, 32 (Belleville, Illinois)
- Brian Forrester, 24 (New Athens, Illinois)
- Kamdan Cox, 27 (Clarksville, Tennessee)
- Steve Pate, 62 (Marietta, Georgia)
- Barry Northenor, 63 (Roswell, Georgia)