EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. – The Edwardsville Fire Department is still clearing debris from the Amazon warehouse that collapsed after last Friday’s tornado.
First responders have confirmed no one else is missing at the warehouse. Six Amazon employees died and one person hospitalized as a result of the tornado and subsequent building collapse.
While there are no reported fatalities with the City of Edwardsville, some residential areas sustained significant damage.
Edwardsville residents can contact the United Way by calling 211.
The city’s public works department will remove debris at the following locations:
Country Club View Subdivision
- Country Club View Drive
- Fairway Drive
- Sunset Hills Drive
- Birdie Court
- Eagle Court
Glen Echo Subdivision
- Glen Echo Drive
- Lockhaven Court
- Camelot Drive
- Country Club Lane
The following restrictions apply for all debris removal:
- Building materials and tree debris should be placed in separate piles near the edge of the roadway.
- Tree limbs should be cut into pieces that are 8 feet or less if possible.
- Residents are encouraged to place small building debris in their regular trash for pickup.
- City crews may not enter private property.
- Materials that will be removed only include trees and building materials that are a direct result of the storm event.