SPRINGFIELD, Ill.- Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Region 4, which includes several counties in the Metro East, could see looser mitigations as soon as Friday.
Gov. Pritzker said the positivity rate has been falling from its peak of 10% over the summer. He said there were a few weeks that the region saw the positivity rate at 7% and 8%, and today the rate reached a new low of 6.3%.
“That’s enormous progress,” said Pritzker during an afternoon press conference.
Gov. Pritzker said if the region sustains an average below the 6.5% threshold it could perhaps see a return to the looser mitigations enacted in most of the state as soon as Friday.
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Sunflower Showdown fans show up despite pandemic
- Man robs bank in Imperial
- Purdue rallies to top Iowa 24-20 in West Lafayette
- University City School District has a socially distant Halloween celebration