Man bitten by scorpion while shopping for bananas

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – A Pennsylvania man got more than he bargained for while shopping for bananas at Walmart. When the man reached inside a box of bananas, he felt a pinch on his thumb.  After he yanked his hand out, a scorpion fell to the floor.  He was not seriously injured and Walmart offered to pay for his doctor bills.  The company has alerted its food safety team, produce suppliers and third-party pest control providers.

No other scorpions were found in the bananas or the store.

 

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News