COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) — South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to lower to half-staff on Sunday in honor of the passing of actor Chadwick Boseman.
McMaster announced the decision in a tweet on Saturday, saying, “To honor the life, contributions, and memory of a truly extraordinary son of South Carolina, Chadwick Boseman, I have ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to be lowered to half-staff tomorrow, Sunday, August 30, 2020, from sunrise to sunset.”
In a follow-up tweet, McMaster said that the two flags will be removed at sunset and will be presented to Boseman’s family at the appropriate time.
- Former Belleville bishop named the first African-American Cardinal
- Final week for Emerson Children’s Zoo in St. Louis
- Seven years of staffing cuts adds to strain on Missouri’s unemployment system
- COVID-19 cases surge in St. Louis region and the US
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus