This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS – Two people were injured in an early morning fire on Watson Road in south St. Louis.

A woman was trapped inside the house and suffered smoke inhalation. She is in critical condition.

A man standing outside the house when firefighters arrived was treated and did not want to go to the hospital. Firefighters believe the fire was started by a space heater in the basement that was keeping a litter of puppies warm.

We’re told the puppies are all okay.