SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The woman at the center of a sensational Springfield homicide from 2015 is anticipating a parole hearing in December on her sentence for second-degree murder.
Gypsy Blanchard has served more than half of her 10-year term for the death of her mother Dee Dee Blanchard.
She was accused of and convicted of convincing her secret online boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, to travel from Wisconsin to southwest Missouri to kill her mother.
She says in a letter to the Springfield News-Leader that she plans to tell her story in a book that is in the works.
The 29-year-old now being held at the Chillicothe Correctional Center could be paroled as early as December of 2023.
- Gypsy Blanchard Pleads Guilty to Murder of Mother
- Timeline of Events Resulting in Gypsy Blanchard’s Guilty Plea
- FULL INTERVIEW: Nicholas Godejohn Gives His Side of the Story
- Charged with Murder, Godejohn Gives His Side of the Story
- Trial Date Set for Godejohn in Dee Dee Blanchard Murder
- Gypsy Blanchard Testifies in Nicholas Godejohn Murder Trial
- Hulu to Air a Series Based on Gypsy and Dee Dee Blanchard
- The Godejohn Trial Continues, More Evidence Introduced