ST. LOUIS – With COVID-19 in the backdrop, families who have loved ones in assisted living should begin planning for the holidays sooner rather than later.
“If we’re talking about Thanksgiving, start thinking about that now, what you want to do. If you’re talking about Hanukkah or Christmas, or any of the December winter holidays, thinking about it now and actually start. Some facilities are going to be able to allow some that what others can’t,” said Marjorie Moore, Executive Director of VOYCE.
VOYCE is a St. Louis-based organization that advocates for people living in long-term care facilities.
VOYCE is offering a free webinar this Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. The goal is to give families ideas and tips on celebrating the holidays with those who might be isolated during these pandemic-challenged times.
The webinar is free. Visit www.voycestl.org to register.
- Wreaths Across America back on after threat of cancelation
- COVID 19 making 2020-201 college basketball different in big and small ways
- Ted Drewes parking lot lined with Christmas trees, all waiting to go home
- Arnold Food Pantry ready to supply food to veterans and others in emergency situations
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests