HAZELWOOD, Mo. – People staying in a Hazelwood hotel Wednesday night into Thursday were forced out of their rooms due to a fire. The fire began at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday at the Comfort Inn on Douglas Palmer Place. The 33 rooms were occupied for with 80 people inside. The majority of the damage occurred on the third floor.
Fire officials said the fire started on the outside of the hotel, so the sprinklers and smoke alarms didn’t go off. Bomb and Arson officials said the fire seemed to be accidental.
No one was seriously injured. One firefighter has been treated for smoke inhalation.