ST. LOUIS – There are major developments in the federal bribery case against three former St. Louis City Board of Aldermen members. 

A guilty plea is expected Tuesday, August 22 from one of the former aldermen, and more pleas are expected soon including from former Board of Aldermen President Lewis Reed. 

This political corruption scandal rocked St. Louis City Hall when it broke in June and the fallout is continuing. 

The latest developments are set to play out downtown at the Eagleton Federal Courthouse Tuesday afternoon. Former Aldermanic President Reed and former Aldermen Jeffrey Boyd as well as John Collins-Muhammad were all indicted in June in the federal pay-to-play scandal. They are accused of accepting bribes in exchange for political favors. 

All three originally pleaded not guilty but that is expected to start changing Tuesday with Collins-Muhammad. His attorney Joe Flees confirmed that Collins-Muhammad will plead guilty Tuesday afternoon to the three federal charges against him. Flees said he will ask the court for probation but he expects the government to want jail time. Sentencing may not happen until November. 

The U.S. Attorney’s Office will only confirm that a change of plea hearing for Collins-Muhammad is set for 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. A U.S. Attorney spokesperson also told us a hearing which was originally scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Reed’s case has been canceled and Reed is now scheduled to change his plea this Friday, August 26 at 11:00 a.m. 

We reached out to Reed’s attorney Scott Rosenblum for comment but did not hear back. Boyd is also set for a change of plea hearing this Friday at 10:30 a.m. Boyd’s attorney Lenny Kagan is only saying that there is a plea agreement in Boyd’s case. 

A special election is also happening on Tuesday to fill the 22nd Ward aldermanic seat vacated by Boyd when he resigned after the federal case broke. 

The two candidates vying for Boyd’s seat are Norma Walker and Tonya Finley-McCaw. 

The winner will serve Boyd’s term which is up next April.