ST. LOUIS— Where can you find some of the best hamburgers or cheeseburgers in the St. Louis area? We asked our Facebook fans, and they certainly had their opinions. Here is a list of the best places in St. Louis to enjoy a burger, according to our viewers.
The determination of the “best” was based on the number of reactions each comment received.
- Dave’s pick is the Quadzilla burger at Gordon’s Stoplight in Festus.
- Beverly offers an off-the-beaten-path option: Ginny’s Kitchen & Custard in Barnhart, Mo., just a drive south on Hwy. 67 South, known for their fantastic burgers.
- Kevin humorously mentions his go-to place, a “little Scottish restaurant called McDonald’s.”
As for the honorable mentions, those with five reactions and below:
- Kathy raves about the candied bacon burger at Gallagher’s in Waterloo.
- Ashley recommends Nubby’s Telegraph for the best smash burgers.
- Tonya’s top choice is Concord Grill.
- Lori’s favorite is Shamus McDaniels.
Over the river suggestions:
- Gregg’s favorite is Wally’s Drive-in in Breese, IL.
- Melanie suggests trying Dairy King in Breese, IL, which also offers frozen Ski.
And to recognize places that have since closed:
- Joyce fondly recalls Dooley’s, which used to be located Downtown, as having the absolute best flame-grilled burgers she’s ever tasted. According to her, what set these burgers apart was the use of spreadable cheese instead of the usual sliced variety. The experience left such a lasting impression on her that she continues to incorporate spreadable cheese into her own meals to this day.