ST. LOUIS – A big announcement coming today at 11:00 am from Major League Soccer officials. The MLS will be revealing St. Louis’ future soccer team’s name, crest, and colors.
Carolyn Kindle Betz, who heads the local ownership group MLS4TheLou, has announced the name and logo for the new Major League Soccer team in St. Louis. The team is named “Saint Louis City SC” and the color pink will be featured in their logo.
MLS for the Lou was on track to kick-off in 2022 but the pandemic pushed that back until spring 2023. Officials have adjusted their timeline to ensure safety and said this was best for the team, but wanted to still keep the momentum and excitement going with the announcement happening today.
The MLS will make the announcement virtually and are selecting more than 700 people to attend the virtual party on their website. You can watch the event on the MLS4thelou Facebook page and by clicking here.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Cardinals fall to Brewers 3-0, still haven’t clinched playoff spot
- Alabama beats Mizzou 38-19 in Drinkwitz’s debut
- St. Luke’s Urgent Care Athlete of the Week, Holt’s Colin Bunner 9/26/20
- Main Street St. Charles under control so far in first big test under new COVID restrictions