LENEXA, Kan. — A person is dead and K-10 Highway is closed both ways this morning after a truck fell from above and smashed onto the roadway.
Johnson County MED-ACT confirmed to FOX4 that a truck was traveling along K-7 around 5 a.m. when it flipped off of the overpass onto K-10 below. The truck then burst into flames, filling the area with smoke.
Both east and westbound lanes are closed. Westbound traffic is diverted onto Woodland Avenue. Eastbound traffic is going to K-7.
The person was driving a FedEx truck. There is a facility not far off of 83rd and K-7.
K-7 remains open in both directions, though there are responders on either side of the bridge.
FOX4 has a crew on scene working to find out more information. This story will be updated.
- Lousianna teen recounts attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away by Oregon landslide
- Technical difficulties cause St. Louis mayor candidates’ virtual forum to end early
- ‘Flooded and Impassable’: Massive water main break closes down I-70 near Union
- WATCH: Bills fan finishes cancer treatment, celebrates Bills Mafia style