PLASH ISLAND, Ala. (WKRG) — In a video shared to WKRG News 5, an alligator can be spotted in the floodwaters outside a home on Plash Island in Gulf Shores.
In the video from Tina Bennett, a 10- to 12- foot alligator swims through the waters surging outside a residence after Hurricane Sally’s landfall.
WKRG Meteorologist Thomas Geboy urges residents shelter in place until flood waters recede due to the displaced wildlife and the downed power lines.
Safely send your photos and videos to email@example.com.
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Dog trapped in 30-foot hole lured to safety with beef jerky
- Nearly 8,500 COVID-19 related deaths reported to date in Illinois, as U.S. marks 200,000 lost
- House committee blasts conditions, staff ‘indifference’ at ICE migrant centers
- Border Patrol agent stabbed; migrant assailant shot and killed, CBP says