MACON, Mo. (AP) — State and local health officials are warning people about a possible Legionnaires’ disease exposure at a hotel in Missouri.
Two people were diagnosed with the severe form of pneumonia after using the hot tub or the pool late last month while staying at a Comfort Inn & Suites in Macon.
Officials say it is unknown whether the hotel was the source of the bacteria that caused the two people to become sick.
KMIZ-TV reports that testing of the hot tub indicated the presence of Legionella bacteria; all other test results were negative.