Man rescued after being trapped under chimney in Ladue

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ladueLADUE, MO (KTVI) - Emergency rescuers scrambled to a neighborhood in Ladue Wednesday morning after receiving calls of a person trapped under a chimney.

The incident occurred around 8 a.m. in the 400 block of S. Price Road, located just south of Ladue Road near the St. Louis Country Club.

Officials said a man operating an excavator was trapped while performing a tear down of a residence. Close to 27 units responded to the scene.

"We quickly arrived on scene. We realize this was a structural collapse and heavy rescue. At the time crews arrived on the scene. We requested heavy rescue and St. Louis County responded. Approximately 70 personnel were on scene to formulate a plan on how to keep all of the personnel safe. As well as get this gentleman safely out of this piece of equipment," said Ladue Fire Chief Steven Lynn. "The approach was safety. Immediate extrication was difficult because we needed to stabilize the structured to be able to remove the individual."

The worker was rescued around 10:36 a.m. There is no word on his injuries at this time.



FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.


Latest News

More News