Smoke detector saves family as flames rip through home

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Members of Robinson family are safe Wednesday, after a fire ripped through their home on Pennsylvania in south St. Louis. The family is safe thanks to smoke detector in the home alerting the family to a fire.

Darrell Robinson told firefighters that his wife’s cousin and three children were in the house at the time of the fire.

Investigators say the fire started in a front room, where children had been playing with a lighter or matches.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News