When high winds are predicted or imminent:
- Bring pets and children indoors
- Secure loose items like toys, lawn furniture, trash cans, garden decorations and small potted plants by moving them to a shed or garage.
- Park your vehicles in a garage if the space is available.
- If there are large items outside your home that you can’t move indoors, secure them as needed with tie-downs or sandbags.
- Close and latch storm shutters if they’re already installed.
- Close and latch all doors and windows.
Here's a map of forecast wind gusts for Thu. Instead of hyper-focusing on specific numbers, focus instead on preparing by securing loose outdoor objects. Remember– winds will be widespread & likely stronger than what we've seen in quite a while. #stlwx #midmowx #mowx #ilwx pic.twitter.com/8jVsolV5YL— NWS St. Louis (@NWSStLouis) March 13, 2019