Stove fire forces evacuation of Lincoln University dormitory

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. –  No injuries were reported after a stove fire forced the evacuation of a dormitory at Lincoln University in Jefferson City.

The Jefferson County Fire Department says the fire at Scruggs Hall was reported Wednesday evening.

The university’s police evacuated the building because of heavy smoke on the second floor of the dormitory.

The Jefferson City News-Tribune reports firefighters discovered the building’s sprinkler system controlled the fire, which apparently started on a stove in one room.

Fire damage was contained to the room with the stove.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.


Latest News

More News