Suspects Identified In Southwestern Illinois District Lock-Downs

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PIASA, IL (KTVI) – Several suspects have been identified in connection with threats against the Southwestern Community Unit District #9 schools last week.

The district lifted the lock-down rule and resumed normal operations at its six buildings this afternoon. However, Macoupin Co. Sheriff Don Albrecht reports says they will maintain a “heightened law enforcement presence” at the schools for the rest of the school year.

The first threatening note was found in the high school May 15. The second written threat was found May 16 in the middle school and is considered a “copy cat” threat made by different students. Sheriff Albrecht says the investigations are continuing.

Previous stories:

Popular

Latest News

More News