Man stops breathing, others get sick after eating co-worker’s food

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO – A handful of people became sick Tuesday at a pharmaceutical company in Southern California’s Sorrento Valley, including a man who reportedly stopped breathing, a San Diego fire official told KSWB.

The people fell ill after eating food that a co-worker brought to the office at Inovio Pharmaceuticals, according to a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokeswoman.

A 60-year-old man collapsed outside the business, she said. Medics took him to a trauma center. His condition unknown, the fire official said.

Another person was taken to a hospital and two others also sought medical treatment.

The dodgy dish in question was a shrimp casserole, according to the San Diego Union Tribune, but it’s unclear if the shellfish or something else caused the illnesses.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.


Latest News

More News