VIDEO: Dad comes to son’s rescue after glow stick explodes

Trending
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Did you know that glow sticks and microwaves don’t mix?  A kid learned that lesson the hard way after a warning from his father.  But, dad came to his rescue after the glow stick exploded all over they boy’s shirt.

The boy, identified as Jack in the video, was under the impression that glow sticks become brighter if you microwave them.  He stuck the stick in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Everything appeared fine when he retrieved it from the microwave.  Then, the glow stick exploded in his hands. The boy screamed as his father rushed to his aid.

“I gotta see what to do ding-a-ling! God, I told you not to mess with it,” his father said. “Choking hazard… I don’t know what to do if it’s in your eyes!”

The frustrated father spends the remainder of the 4-minute video trying to find a way to help Jack, while reprimanding him at the same time.

“It’s all over your awesome shirt!” he snapped. “I said don’t microwave it! Don’t screw around! What you do? With a beautiful shirt on!”

Jack ended up flushing out his eyes with water. He also apologized to his father.

“I’m so sorry Dad,” he said.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News