Watch LIVE video of ‘Super Tuesday’ primary election results

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

With voters heading to the polls and to caucus in 12 states across the country, Pivit has been monitoring the Political Prediction Market, which is powered by the predictions of 100,000 users in conjunction with publicly available polling and real-money wagering market data, to assess the 2016 field.

Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump hold substantial leads in nearly all of the Super Tuesday primary markets. Both candidates are expected to rack up major victories, according to the prediction market, and add to their delegate counts. But there are also some deeper insights in the prediction market data:

Read the latest results from FOX News here

The Democrats:

Hillary Clinton is currently at 95% to win the Democratic nomination — her highest odds to date. Does this make her inevitable? There appears no clear path for Bernie Sanders to claim the nomination, at least according to the data on the market. Even if Sanders wins the Massachusetts primary on Tuesday – he currently has 27% odds — he likely would not break 10% odds to win the nomination. The silver lining states for Sanders: Oklahoma and his home state of Vermont. Sanders is at 99% to win the Vermont primary, and has seen marked gains in Oklahoma primary market. Sanders finds himself at 47% odds to win in Oklahoma as of this afternoon — that’s up 33% over the past two days.

But even if he wins in Oklahoma and Vermont, it won’t be enough for him to make gains in the hunt for the nomination. If the Super Tuesday market odds hold, we expect Clinton’s odds to win the nomination to hit 98% by the end of the night.

The Republicans:

Donald Trump has pulled way ahead of Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz following his increasingly big wins in the New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries. Trump is now at 80% odds to win the GOP nomination, with Rubio and Cruz trailing at 16% and 2%, respectively.

Additionally, Trump leads all Super Tuesday primary markets (except for Texas) with an average of 80-90% odds to win.

Rubio’s last hope: One possible way forward for Rubio would be for him to win delegates in the Texas primary — he needs to get 20% of the vote total – and breathe life into a potential upset in the Florida primary on March 15.

But even that path is a tough one for the Florida senator.

In Texas, Cruz holds a major lead to win his home state — at 81% odds. Trump is at 19%. If both Rubio and Cruz manage to walk away with delegates tonight from the Lone Star State, then Florida becomes key.

The Florida primary market currently shows Trump withy 91% odds to win, and Rubio trailing with 8% odds. It will take a Herculean effort to put Florida in play for Rubio, and that effort starts tonight in Texas.

Cruz’s last hope: While he is the favorite to win in Texas, according to the prediction market data, Cruz does not have strong odds to win the nomination. But if Rubio doesn’t win any delegates in the TX primary, Cruz could come out with the lead in delegate count; some in the political class say that arguably gives him a proxy to challenge Trump.

Most Likely Super Tuesday Upsets:

The most volatile markets right now are:

Trump to Win TX Primary

Sanders to Win MA Primary

Cruz to Win AR Primary.

Volatile markets are a canary in the coal mine for potential upsets; we’ll be watching these markets in particular as polls close to see if Trump, Sanders or Cruz can pull off the win.

The General Election:

Assuming there are no surprises in any of the bevy of states holding contests tonight, we’ll end the night with voters focused on a likely matchup of Clinton and Trump in the general election. Pivit has been tracking the odds for the current slate of candidates to win the Presidency, and Clinton holds the lead.

Clinton is at 63% odds to win the Presidency, with Trump a distant second at 27%.

Looking at it from the Democratic vs. Republican perspective, the Democrats are trading at 63% odds to win the Presidency, with Republicans at 37% odds.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trademark and Copyright 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

About FOX 2 News

FOX 2 and KPLR 11 in St. Louis cover the news in Missouri and Illinois. There are over 68 hours of live news and local programming on-air each week. Our website and live video streams operate 24/7. Download our apps for alerts and follow us on social media for updates in your feed.

President Harry Truman said: “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” That spirit is alive and well at Fox 2. Our teamwork is on display each and every day.

Our news slogan is: “Coverage You Can Count On.” We quite frankly are too busy to worry about who gets the credit. Our main concern is serving the viewer.

We go where the stories take us. Whether it be Washington, D.C when a Belleville man opened fire during a congressional baseball game practice or to Puerto Rico where local Ameren crews restored power after more than 5 months in the dark.

Coverage You Can Count On means “Waking up your Day” with our top-rated morning show. From 4:00 am-10:00 am we are leading the way with breaking news. But our early morning crew also knows how to have some fun! Our strong commitment to the communities we serve is highlighted with our Friday neighborhood shows.

Our investigative unit consists of three reporters. Elliott Davis focuses on government waste, Chris Hayes is our investigative reporter, and Mike Colombo is our consumer reporter. They work in unison with the news department by sharing resources and ideas.

We continue to cover breaking news aggressively and relied on our seasoned journalists to make a difference with the stories we covered. The shooting of Arnold Police Officer Ryan O’Connor is just one example of that. Jasmine Huda was the only reporter who had exclusive access to the O’Connor family during his amazing rehabilitation in Colorado.

Last, but certainly not least, FOX 2 and KPLR 11 are committed to covering local politics. We host debates among candidates and have the most extensive presidential election coverage. Our commitment to politics isn’t just during an election year. We produce two political shows that air every weekend.

Popular

Latest News

More News