ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. – A St. Louis family reaches out to the “You Paid For It” team for help after the St. Louis County Housing Authority moved them into a south St. Louis County home infested with mice and bugs.
The housing authority is conducting virtual inspections because of COVID-19 and didn’t see the trouble beforehand.
Robert Jones and his three teen children moved into the upstairs part of the house in August and were met with the trouble right away. They provided FOX 2 with video of the mice hiding in closets and bugs scattering throughout the house.
Jones says he’s scooped up bags of bugs that roam the floors and the kitchen counters, the bathroom, and everywhere else.
Plus, Jones says he doesn’t have the money to move even if he wanted to.
After FOX 2 got involved, the St. Louis County Housing Authority said they would move the family out of the infested house and pay for them to move elsewhere.
- Washington University recruiting participants for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial
- Huge number of voters turnout at satellite locations to cast absentee ballots
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application
- Fairmont Park begins steps to open new ‘Racino’ in 2021
- ‘The RGV holds the key to what happens in Texas’: Beto O’Rourke urges people to head to polls